Linux Mint is one of the most popular Linux distributions. It is very user friendly, its based on Ubuntu and it is available in multiple editions.
The most popular edition is the Cinnamon one, which is the desktop environment developed by the Linux Mint team. They also have a MATE and an XFCE version as well.
Linux Mint 19.2 “Tina” new features
This release of Mint is a modest one, it mostly bring stability enhancements, bug fixes and other refinements.
The main edition is featuring Cinnamon 4.2 as it’s desktop environment, which is faster and uses less memory than it’s previous version.
- Improved kernel management in Update Manager
- Software Manager can fetch ‘missing’ GPG keys
- Software Manager can scan/remove duplicate sources
- Reduced RAM consumption for Cinnamon
- Muffin window manager optimisations result in ‘smoother’ feel
- Mint Menu now distinguishes duplicate apps (e.g, flatpak, snap)
- New scrollbar settings
- New “Boot Repair” tool included on the ISO
- ‘Recent documents’ enabled by default
- Blueberry applets lets you dis/connect paired devices faster
- Xed supports toggling comments and comment blocks
- New wallpapers
- Mint GTK theme tweaks